What’s there to say about me that you might not already know?
· I am a retired Registered ICU/OR/Legal Consultant Nurse and I miss nursing, but not the call nor long hours.
· I have bees, chickens-some lay blue and green eggs, a horse, a dog, a cat.
· I have been married for 40 years to the love of my life and we live in our starter house, a tiny little farmhouse built 140+ years ago.
· I have two awesome sons, both makers. One makes steel and recycled wood furniture and lives with his wife in a restored 1872 pub in Chicago. They are expecting my first grandchild in November. His, or her, name is Ellis. The other is a brewer/forester who just got married on a mountaintop in Colorado. From that union I have two granddogs.
· I am on the Board of Random Acts of Flowers, Chair of the Dogwood Arts Open Gardens Committee, Board of Historic Racheff House and Arboretum, Associate Board of Historic Ramsey House, an NGC Flower Show Judge, and a member of the Judge's Guild, Dixie Highway and Garden Guild Garden Clubs.
· I rescued 3 baby possums this summer they are now in the hands of a rehabber.
· I am a lifelong Knoxvillian.
· I love my flowers, arranging, tennis, travel and my family.
· I have an artificial right knee.
· I have Irish, English, German & Scandinavian ancestry, with a trace of Native American. Guessing that explains the green eyes, freckles and dark auburn hair.
I love the Tennessee Federation of Garden Clubs and all my Clubs in DIV. I am deeply honored to be asked to be District Director of DIV and look forward to a successful and productive term.