The Tennessee Federation of Garden Clubs, Inc. organizes a dynamic awards program for its membership.
The purpose of the awards program is to recognize the achievement of an individual, a club or group of clubs which further the goals and objectives of Tennessee Federation of Garden Clubs, Inc., the Deep South Region, and National Garden Clubs, Inc
- Flower Shows: ALL clubs having a flower show send to the TFGC Awards Chairman and the TFGC FS State Evaluations Chairman a “Letter of Intent”. After receiving the letter of intent, the awards chairman will send out to the club a “Flower Show Packet” which will include all necessary forms and other important information. The Awards chairman and the Evaluations chairman will work closely together.
- District Awards committees will evaluate Club ratings, Junior Standard Awards and Flower Show Staging and send a list to the TFGC Awards Chairman. These awards should be sent in by February 1st.
- The TFGC Treasurer shall forward to the Awards Chairman any delinquent clubs who will be ineligible for any awards. These are the membership dues that are delinquent on June 1st.
- Publicity Press Books: The Chairman shall be responsible for having the Publicity Press Books judged and mailed to the DSGC Publicity Press Book Chairman by the DSGC deadline. Press Book winners in all three categories are to be sent. This Chairman shall fill out the DSGC Awards Applications with the DSGC Award number on the applications. The rest of the Press Books are to be brought to the TFGC Convention to be returned to the rightful District Director.
- If a club wants any Press Book or Flower Show Book returned, the club must include a self-addressed envelope and return postage.
- Any individual, group or club who wishes to add a new award must apply in writing to the Awards Committee. Payment for the new award must be specifically established. After approval by the awards committee, the award will be presented to the Executive Committee and then the Board of Directors for approval. This chairman presents the specifications for NGC, DSGC and TFGC, Awards at the Post Convention Board Meeting. The approved awards are then published for distribution to the clubs no later than the President’s meetings.
- The awards year is January 1 through December 31. All applications are to be received no later than January 1. There are exceptions so note each awards deadline.